Today I went to my cousin Imani’s College Graduation. It was a beautiful thing to see. I saw some old relatives, new relatives, and relatives I’d never seen before. One of the weirdest things that I saw was my cousin Nigel, he’s twelve years old and he’s already my height. I was thought we would hopefully be a lot alike since we had the same name but we weren’t. We get along very well, but have opposite interests. I’m really glad to have as a part of my family. Nigel and I sat next to each other at the Graduation. We started the ceremony and it took forever. The person that took the longest to speak was Tim Kaine who spent hours talking about his life (his long, long, long, LONG, life). So many speeches and so many students you get bored quickly. The only thing keeping us amused was a pair of binoculars that we used to spy on people. We looked for Imani in the seats, we saw a guy picking his nose, and we saw people holding signs up saying, “GO (enter graduate name here)”. My cousin Kehinde fell asleep three times. There were over three hundred students and they were called one after another. That alone took over an hour. There was just one name we were waiting to hear so we could scream at the top of our lungs. IMANIIIIII! I was so proud of her graduating and getting her diploma. I almost cried. We took picture after picture just hoping that such happy family moment would go away.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment