CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My leg

August 31, 2007 was the day that I broke my leg. So I ask myself, why is it April 7, 2009 and I’m in a wheelchair going into and operating room for surgery. I broke my leg from tripping out of a stationary car. I went to the doctor and got it x-rayed. They told my leg had broken in two places because of a hole caused by a bone cyst in my leg. They gave me a cast that stretched from my toes to my thigh. I had just been accepted to open high school I went to school for the first day. My doctor insisted I be home schooled since my school had no elevators. I was out of school for two full months and I wasn’t able to come back until my cast had come off.

The day had arrived when my cast was finally going to come off. They gave me a medical boot I arrived at school on Halloween day. It was awkward and I didn’t know anybody. Eventually I didn’t need the boot anymore. I made lots of friends and took full advantage of have the ability to walk again. I started playing sports, walking more, and exercising. One day I went to the doctor and he told the hole in my leg wasn’t healing right, that I still had a hole in it. So he told me to go to physical therapy for my leg and inner knee pain. The therapy was working. My hole began to close up and my knee pain was gone. But my doctor was still worried, he wanted to do surgery to seal up the hole and remove the bone cyst. Then he said something that scares me to this day. “We have to make sure that his cyst is not cancerous.”

3 comments:

Gemini goddess 101 said...

aw man that is quite scary but I hope it heals!

Lauren said...

nigel,
I agree with raven! That is very frightening and I hope it gets better! I think it's great how after not being able to walk right and ect you didn't take avantage of having your normal legs back and did sports and such.

Elizabeth said...

Oh that sucks, sorry Nigel! Ouch, I hope your recovery goes well.