I went to Atlanta, Georgia last summer. I went to visit my father for about eight days. While I was there I met his girlfriend Yvonne. She’s very strong and sweet at the same time. She’s a great lady and I like spending time with her. I also like spending time with her five kids! (That’s right; count them, 5!). They were ten, eight, six, and two four year old twins. They all had very different personalities and didn’t always get along. Their mother kept the kids in line and they wouldn’t dare defy her. She made them listen to everything they had to say. After a few days with the kids, we really started to click and they said that they saw me as a big brother. I got along with them very well and it taught a little bit about fatherhood that I will always cherish. Yvonne only had one son who I felt really looked up to me a lot. He has to live with four girls and I know that that’s probably torture for him. He said that he liked having somebody around that can finally beat him at video games. The oldest girl is ten and she’s the mature one. She was the easiest to talk to because she was the oldest. I don’t know why but I didn’t really get to know the six year old that much. I adore the twins to no end. They are the cutest little baby’s that I have ever met. It was time for us to say goodbye and nobody was super happy about it, but we knew that the day would come. I got on that plane with knowledge, memories, and a giant wad of babysitting cash (Cha-Ching).
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment